Former Head Girls and Captains from as far back as 1944 returned for a celebratory dinner to formally mark the School’s 100th birthday. 180 former pupils, governors, members of staff, former Heads and Friends of the School gathered to toast the anniversary of Lord Leverhulme’s 1915 re-endowment of the School as the Bolton School Foundation, comprising the Girls’ Division and Boys’ Division and sited on Chorley New Road.
The Catering department rose to this very special occasion, providing a spectacular menu and silver-service in the Boys’ Division Great Hall.
Guests enjoyed Highland smoked salmon mousse with a soft mustard and dill centre followed by a main course of either roasted tender rump on lamb with redcurrant jus or wild mushroom stroganoff with wild rice, served with seasonal vegetables. The meal was rounded off with a caramel cream chocolate box with a crisp orange and cardamom shortbread. Afterwards, tea and freshly ground coffee were served along with petit fours.
In addition to the wonderful food, guests enjoyed one another’s company, perused a timeline of key events from the School’s history in the Girls’ Division Great Hall, and listened to speeches from Headmistress Sue Hincks, Headmaster Philip Britton, and Chairman of Governors Michael Griffiths.