Bolton School Former Pupils
The Scott Trust
The Trust Fund was established in 1962 by the Scott family to contribute to the cost of expeditions and travelling, and funding has been granted to pupils and former pupils of the School since 1963.
Applications are accepted from present and former pupils of Bolton School who are a minimum of 16 years and not more than 22 years old at the time of the expedition/trip, with the exception of Duke of Edinburgh Awards (Silver) where applicants aged 15 years old will be considered.
Projects which are original, challenging or of a cultural nature will be favoured by the Management Committee which allocates the awards.
Travel may be within the UK or abroad and students should feel stretched and challenged in some way by the experience.
Examples of projects previously supported include:
- Street Kids Community Villages (SKCV) India
- Cultural, Scientific & Economic discovery trip to Australia and SE Asia
- Duke of Edinburgh expeditions on Tenacity: sea kayaking, canoeing, trekking, camping
- Scouts Explorer Belt Expedition: Iceland
- South Africa to build outreach rehabilitation centre
- Bolivia Apex Team high altitude trekking research
- Work experience in Haiti
- Scouting Skills Badge camping in Switzerland
- Kenyan Orphan Project
- Cycling Expedition in Vietnam
- Pan-European Expedition: Cultural sights of Rome, Venice, Zagreb, Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam, Copenhagen
- World challenge Expedition: Ethiopia
- Scout Centenary Camp, Vancouver
- Operation Wallace, Conservation in Peru