Alumni of the Year Awards 2022
Friday, 27 May 2022
In 2022, Bolton School will celebrate the myriad contributions of its Old Boys and Old Girls to society, and inspire the next generation of boys and girls currently studying at the School, by launching its inaugural Alumni of the Year Awards.
The Awards will recognise Alumni who have delivered upon the famous exhortation of the Girls’ Division prayer, that “much will be expected of those to whom much is given”. The Awards seek to honour Alumni who have made an outstanding contribution to society through their voluntary service, academic achievements or professional success, or whose behaviour and values inspire others – in short, Alumni who embody the School’s ethos of producing people who go out into the world and make a difference for good.
Members of the School community are invited to nominate Alumni whom they feel are deserving of the 2022 Old Boy of the Year and Old Girl of the Year Awards. Nominations are now open and can be submitted using the online nominaton form here.
Nominations will close at 12 noon on Friday 27 May. After that deadline, a shortlist of candidates for the two awards will be decided by a group comprising the Girls’ Division Head Girl and Boys’ Division Captain, and the Heads of Foundation, Girls’ Division, Boys’ Division and Primary Division, before pupils from across the Junior and Senior Schools are invited to vote for their favoured candidate at the end of the Summer Term. The winners of the two awards will be announced publicly in September 2022, at the start of the new academic year.
- The awards are open to all living Alumni of Bolton School. Nominees must be aged 18 or over, and have attended one of the two Senior Schools for at least one year.
- Current staff members are not eligible for nomination.
- Any Alumnus, current or former staff member can nominate an Old Boy or Old Girl for the awards, although self-nominations are not accepted.
Evaluation and Awards
- Nominations will open on Friday 22 April 2022, and close at 12 noon on Friday 27 May 2022.
- All nominations should be made in confidence; the nominee should not be told that they have been nominated.
- Once nominations close, a shortlist of nominees will be decided by a group comprising the Head Girl, Captain and the Heads of Foundation, Girls’ Division, Boys’ Division and Primary Division.
- Shortlisted nominees will then be contacted to confirm that they are happy to be proposed as a candidate for the awards. By consenting to nomination, nominees are also consenting to taking part in the School’s publicity activities relating to the awards.
- The winners of the two awards will then be decided following a pupil vote held at the end of the Summer Term, with every Senior and Junior School pupil invited to vote.
- The two winners of the awards will be announced publicly at the start of the Autumn Term.