Seventh Title for U18 Water Polo Team
Tuesday, 10 March 2020
The Boys’ Division Under 18s Water Polo team has once again won the title of National Champions at the English Schools Swimming Association (ESSA) National Finals.
Six teams from across the UK qualified for the final stage of the competition. These were split into two groups, with Bolton School facing off against Trinity and Whitgift. After two comfortable wins, the Bolton boys moved on to the semi-final against Manchester Grammar School and qualified for a place in the final with a score of 5-1.
Bolton School won the Under 18s National Final 3-1 vs Trinity and were named National Champions for the seventh year in a row.
Bolton School Boys’ Division Aquatics Coach Mr McGinty said: “The boys work extremely hard throughout the year and it is a testament to their hard work that we have won our seventh consecutive U18 title. I am proud of all the players and thank in particular Marcus Crompton and Chris Rhodes for their contribution to school water polo as they leave this year following their A levels.”
The U18 Team:
- Daniel Bentham, Year 12 – England Junior international
- Harry Bentham, Year 11 – England Junior international
- James Blenkinship, Year 11 – North West region
- Marcus Crompton, Year 13 (captain) – English Schools international
- Ellis Matthews, Year 10 – North West region
- Ollie McCann, Year 9 (goalkeeper)
- Robert Morgan, Year 11 – North West region
- Jensen Myerscough, Year 12 – English Schools international
- Ben Price, Year 11
- Chris Rhodes, Year 13 – England squad
- Tom Simpson, Year 12 – England Junior international
- Seb Thompson, Year 10 – English Schools international
- Thomas Yates, Year 12 – GB Junior international
Share or bookmark with: