Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you cater for dietary requirements?
- Do you collect from after school activities?
- Do you go on trips?
- Do you have any problems between the younger and older children?
- Do you provide food?
- Do you separate the children by age?
- Have you been inspected?
- How do I book?
- How do the children know they are coming for aftercare?
- How many children are you allowed in the building?
- What activities do you provide?
- What if I cancel a place?
- What if my child is sick?
- What is Kidzone's Ofsted Registration number?
- What ratio do you work to?
Do you cater for dietary requirements?
Yes. There is a section on the registration form to complete. If a child has an allergy we ask the school to provide food which is suitable. We also have a list of children with allergies displayed in the kitchen for all staff to check.
Do you collect from after school activities?
Yes, but we ask that parents ask us in advance to see if we can accommodate it.
Do you go on trips?
Yes. In most holiday club periods we run optional trips these are charged for separately. In the summer we also run a large trip, Kidzone is closed on this day to anyone not attending the trip.
Do you have any problems between the younger and older children?
No. Some older children like to be with the younger children and vice versa. Any that prefer to be with their own age find a suitable room.
Do you provide food?
- Breakfast club - Children can choose from cereal, toast, cheese toasties and other hot foods.
- Aftercare - a snack is provided the children can choose from healthy options such as cereal bars, yogurts and cheese and biscuits, there is also unlimited fruit, crudities and dips. Drink options are Milk, fruit juice, cordial or water.
- Holiday Club - For breakfast there is a choice of cereal or toast. Lunch is provided by the school, there is a choice of hot or cold meals. In the afternoon a snack is provided as described above.
Do you separate the children by age?
No. Due to each room having a different purpose the children find their own natural balance of where they want to be such as younger children in the role play and construction room and the older children in the computer suite and games room.
Have you been inspected?
Yes. Our last inspection was undertaken by the Independent Schools Inspectorate in 2016 as part of the Girls' Division EYFS inspection and we were given the overall grade of "outstanding". You can read the full report here.
How do I book?
You can book a session at Kidzone by phone on 01204 434798 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will confirm the booking after ensuring there is a place available.
How do the children know they are coming for aftercare?
We rely on parents to inform their child but we also:
- Email a list of reception children to Beech House; the list is given to the teachers.
- Email a list of the boys over to Park Road each morning, this is then displayed in the cloakroom for the children to check.
- Email the Junior Girls each morning with the list; the list is then displayed in the corridor for the girls to check.
How many children are you allowed in the building?
We are registered to receive 80 children at one time.
What activities do you provide?
We provide one art/activity and one game per evening which is directed by the staff on a rota system. The rota for the week is displayed in the cloakroom. In the holiday club we have one art/activity and game in the morning and afternoon of each day. The children are asked if they would like to join in the staffs activities or continue free play. During the holidays we make full use of the schools facilities, sports hall, swimming pool, tennis courts, gym and the fields. In holiday club we have themes and topics and base the activities around them.
What if I cancel a place?
We operate a cancellation policy. It states that cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to do so will result in payment in full. Fees will not be waived through absence or sickness.
What if my child is sick?
If your child is unable to attend due to sickness and you have not followed the cancellation policy you will incur the normal charge for their place.
What is Kidzone's Ofsted Registration number
Our Ofsted number is EY550402.
What ratio do you work to?
One member of staff to every eight children.