A gallery of photos about the School's 100 and 500 Anniversary Celebrations in 2015-16.
In 1915, Lord Leverhulme brought together Bolton Grammar School for Boys and Bolton High School for Girls under one foundation sited on Chorley New Road, split into the Boys’ and Girls’ Divisions that exist today.
In 1516, Bolton Grammar School for Boys was recorded as “a going concern”. This is the earliest known reference to the school which would ultimately form Bolton School Boys’ Division. It is also the first record of a school in Bolton, and one of the earliest in Lancashire. Consequently 2016 is the 500th anniversary of education in Bolton.