Bolton School Sixth Form Boys
Why Choose Bolton School's Sixth Form?
- Each year students at Bolton School achieve outstanding A level results which means we are consistently ranked as one of the best schools in the North of England. In a recent league table the BBC ranked the Boys' Division as the top school in the North-West for students achieving at least AAB grades - results which facilitate access to the highly ranked Russell Group universities. In the preceding year the Boys' Division was ranked 10th in the country in a table by EBacc results.
- Virtually all A level students go onto Higher Education. The vast majority go onto study at their chosen university, a high proportion of which are the "selecting" universities,
- Classes are taught by an experienced, dedicated and highly qualified teaching staff. Learning takes place through a genuine partnership between students and staff,
- Small class sizes - an average of 9 or 10 students per class - means each pupil receives personal, specialised assistance and that their progress is closely and regularly monitored,
- A wide portfolio of extra-curricular activities and social events develops team-working, leadership and life skills. Students enjoy weekly football and rugby fixtures and cricket in the summer. The School's joint drama and musical productions are invariably outstanding,
- We have a rigorous careers advice programme which provides advice on all aspects of applications to Higher Education and on progression into the world of work. The assistance and guidance continues beyond completion of A level courses,
- We have a passion for providing great pastoral care - there is a wide range of people to help and review students' progress, including Form Tutor, Subject Teachers, Departmental Heads, the Head of Sixth Form, the Director of Studies and the Headmaster,
- Sixth Form bursaries enable us to widen access for those from less wealthy backgrounds,
- We offer the best of both worlds - the £7m Riley Sixth Form Centre means boys and girls have access to outstanding facilities and can mix socially whilst still being taught in single-sex classes,
- Ours is a small enough Sixth Form to ensure a strong community spirit where everyone knows one another,
- The School's own secure coach service covers 22 routes and means pupils are drawn from a wide geographical area,
- You can join a prestigious network of Old Boltonians that spans the globe.
Everything is here for you to succeed. All that we ask of you is that you make the most of it!
During my time at Bolton School I have had the opportunity to do so much more than just sit in a classroom. The range of extra-curricular activities is amazing and the School has got me into the majority of the hobbies that I will continue with throughout my life. For me Monday mornings are not something I dread but something I look forward to on a Sunday.
Mathew, Year 13