View more News
Friday, 05 November 2010
Bolton School has submitted a request for planning permission to the Council to build an exciting new facility for its Sixth Form pupils within the main school site on Chorley New Road.
If plans meet with the Council's approval, the new, shared Sixth Form building will sit in the centre of the campus. Lessons will still be taught in a single sex environment, but the Centre will be for both the Sixth Form girls and boys to enjoy and will provide top-quality facilities to complement the excellent academic teaching that students already receive. If planning is granted, it is hoped that building work will commence in Summer 2012. The School anticipates that the project would take one year to complete, allowing Sixth Formers to move in to their new facility in the Autumn term of 2013.
The Centre will provide independence for our Sixth Formers and will include:
- a state of the art ICT suite, with seminar rooms for project work and tutorial sessions;
- quiet study spaces for individual research and learning;
- a relaxed common room area for the pupils to socialise in and enjoy during their lunch and study breaks;
- a refectory café area;
- an exhibition room to be used across the Foundation for a variety of events for parents, pupils, visitors and our alumni; and
- a main School reception and Sixth Form staff offices.
The proposed Centre will be an outstanding facility for our pupils and represents the final phase of a carefully planned and well funded building project, which has already seen the completion of a new Infant School, a new Junior Girls' School and an extended Junior Boys' School.
Share or bookmark with: