The myriad contributions made to society by Bolton School’s Old Boys and Old Girls are a source of continued pride and inspiration to the current generation of boys and girls currently studying here on Chorley New Road.
In celebration of these many and varied achievements, last year the School launched its Alumni of the Year Awards, which seek to recognise Alumni who embody the School’s ethos of producing people who go out into the world and make a difference for good, and have thus delivered upon the famous exhortation of the Girls’ Division prayer, that “much will be expected of those to whom much is given”.
We are thrilled to announce the winners of the 2023 Alumni of the Year Awards:
Old Boy of the Year - Adam Crook (Class of 1992)
Old Girl of the Year - Lauren Mee (Class of 2006)
Congratulations to Old Boys David Seddon (Class of 1971) and Norman Longworth (Class of 1953) and Old Girls Jane Boland (Class of 1983) and Angela Rowley (Class of 1969) for being shortlisted in this year's awards.
Nominations for Alumni of the Year 2024 will open in the Spring.
- The awards are open to all living Alumni of Bolton School. Nominees must be aged 18 or over and have attended one of the two Senior Schools for at least one year.
- Current staff members are not eligible for nomination.
- Any Alumnus, current or former staff member can nominate an Old Boy or Old Girl for the awards, although self-nominations are not accepted.
Evaluation and Awards
- Nominations for the 2023 Awards will open on Friday 21 April 2023, and close at 12 noon on Friday 26 May 2023.
- All nominations should be made in confidence; the nominee should not be told that they have been nominated.
- Once nominations close, a shortlist of nominees will be decided by the Heads of Foundation, Girls’ Division, Boys’ Division and Primary Division.
- Shortlisted nominees will then be contacted to confirm that they are happy to be proposed as a candidate for the awards. By consenting to nomination, nominees are also consenting to taking part in the School’s publicity activities relating to the awards.
- The winners of the two awards will then be decided following a pupil vote held at the end of the Summer Term, with every Senior and Junior School pupil invited to vote.
- At the discretion of the Heads of Foundation, Girls’ Division, Boys’ Division and Primary Division, two additional Outstanding Achievement Awards may also be conferred annually upon an Old Boy or Old Girl from the list of shortlisted nominees.
- The two winners of the awards will be announced publicly at the start of the Autumn Term.
Former Winners of Alumni of the Year Awards can be seen below.