Our Girls' Senior and Juniors Schools had a Focused Compliance and Educational Quality Inspection in April 2023, receiving the highest judgement of ‘excellent’ in each category as well as meeting all of the Inspectorate’s required regulatory standards.
Key findings from the inspectors’ report were that:
- Pupils attain at exceptionally high levels in public examinations and achieve consistently high levels of knowledge, skills and understanding at all ages;
- Pupils are highly articulate and demonstrate excellent communication skills;
- Pupils are highly motivated and have outstanding attitudes to learning;
- Pupils achieve exceptionally high levels of success in diverse extra-curricular activities;
- Throughout the two schools, pupils demonstrate notably high levels of self-confidence, self-awareness and self-discipline;
- Pupils are empathetic, respectful and tolerant; they value and celebrate the school’s rich diversity;
- Pupils’ social development is excellent; they collaborate extremely well to achieve common goals; and that
- Pupils have an exceedingly strong sense of community, showing a deep commitment to service and contributing positively to the lives of others within school and beyond.
Our Boys' Division (which, when last inspected, included our Junior Boys and Senior Boys’ schools) was inspected in December 2016 and the new style ISI report awarded the school the top mark of ‘excellent’ in each category. The Boys' Division also received a compliance report in 2019 which it passed.
Our Nursery and Infant School were last inspected in 2016 when they were part of our Girls' Division. They were given the very best rating in all areas. You can read about them in this inspection report:
As part of a recent restructuring of the Bolton School Foundation and in order to be compliant with legislation, our Nursery and Infant School received a one-off inspection from Ofsted:
The next Inspection of our Nursery and Infant School will be under the ISI framework.