Open Days and School Dates
Our Whole School Open Morning typically takes place on the second Saturday in October each year. It offers an excellent opportunity for parents and potential pupils to visit our school.
The day starts at 9.30am with opportunities to hear from the Heads throughout the morning. The Headmaster’s talks are at 9.45am and 11.15am and the Headmistress’s talks are at 9.45am and 11.00am and she ends the morning with advice on applying and a question and answers session at 12.45pm. The Junior Boys' Headteacher will talk in the Park Road library at 10.30am and again at 12 noon. The Junior Girls' and Infant School Headteachers will both be on hand throughout the morning to meet guests. Last entry is at 12.30pm.
The entire campus is open - the Nursery, our Infants' School (for girls and boys aged 4-7 years), the Boys' Division Junior School (Park Road), the Girls' Division Junior School (Hesketh House), as well as the Boys’ Division and Girls’ Division Senior Schools and the joint Riley Sixth Form Centre, which opened in September 2013.
The event allows you to:
- Tour one or as many schools as you need to - all our schools are close to one another on the Bolton School campus
- Talk with the Heads and listen to their presentations (The Headmistress of the Senior School will be talking at 9.45am and 11.00am and will conduct a how to apply and q&a session at 12.45pm; the Headmaster of the Senior School will be talking at 9.45am and 11.15am).
- View displays of work and visit departments and classrooms, where there are lots of fun and challenging activities for children
- Talk to the teaching staff
- View our outstanding grounds and facilities
- Meet present pupils and parents
- Discuss entry procedures
- Enjoy music and refreshments throughout the campus
If you cannot attend the Open Morning, you can always arrange a personal visit or tour of Bolton School; please contact the Admissions Registrar in the school you are interested in by clicking here.
We look forward to meeting you soon.
"The introductory lecture and general set-up of the school are extremely warm and welcoming. We would be very proud to have our child in this school. After today's open day, this feeling has been further confirmed."
Parent, Open Morning