Students in Years 11 and 12 in the Boys’ and Girls’ Divisions gained an insight into a host of...
Boys' Division Sixth Form
I would like to extend a warm welcome to Bolton School's Sixth Form - both to those students within the School who plan to move up from Year 11 and to those who wish to join us from other schools. Hopefully this website will give you an insight into what makes our Sixth Form special.
- Outstanding teaching, facilities and resources which will allow you to reach your full academic potential
- As a member of the senior section of a large 11-18 year old school you will have the opportunity to lead, mentor and be role models for younger students developing invaluable skills for your future workplace
- Opportunities to develop team-working, leadership and life skills through an incredible array of extra curricular activities and through close supervision and pastoral care: we aim to both challenge and support you
- Expert career guidance and assistance in your university application which will help you to get to your choice of university and to secure the job you really want.
Academic standards are high but this is no ivory tower. Each year more students sit A level exams and, each year, academic grades improve. Securing good A level grades is no longer enough. Universities and employers increasingly want to see evidence of other achievements and interests and your ability to add value to the community. The range of opportunities on offer to you at Bolton School is, I believe, second to none and you will have every chance to pursue interests and follow activities that build your character and your CV.
The A level years are intensive: they will be hard work but they will also be fun and will provide you with lifelong memories. Many Old Boltonians look back upon them as amongst the best years of their lives.
This is a warm and welcoming place, open to all sections of the community. It will provide you with the education, opportunities and preparation to help you to achieve your hopes and dreams. I urge you to apply, for we offer what you need to help you realise your full potential.
Mr Philip Britton
Headmaster, Bolton School Boys' Division
Pupils at Bolton School benefit from outstanding teachers, an industrious learning environment and excellent facilities.
- Catch up on all the latest news from @BoltonSchool by reading our Weekly News Blog: https://t.co/4wTGHGdwpo https://t.co/mk6r00CFDy about 2 hours ago
- RT @BSBDPA: Please help the Parents’ Association raise funds by shopping online via Easyfundraising. 20 supporters have raised over £1,600 so far. Visit https://t.co/W7Po2rL9IP to register and support our cause. about 6 hours ago
- RT @drama_bsbd: Considerable Y13 talent here. A song about the nuance of unrequited relationships and self-sabotage: https://t.co/39Ngtl8onF about 6 hours ago
Follow us on @Philip_Britton
London, 8 February 2018: Bolton School has won the ‘Whole school community initiative of the year’...
Tuesday 20 February 2018, 7.00pm Bolton School Girls’ Division Great Hall Bolton School will host a free, public talk from...
Wednesday 14 to Saturday 17 March 2017, 7.00pm Bolton School Arts Centre On a distant island a man waits. Robbed of his...