Bolton School Boys’ Division has been recognised as Boys’ School of the Year in the Independent...
Boys' Division Sixth Form
I would like to extend a warm welcome to Bolton School's Sixth Form - both to those students within the School who plan to move up from Year 11 and to those who wish to join us from other schools. Hopefully this website will give you an insight into what makes our Sixth Form special. You will find:
- Outstanding teaching, facilities and resources which will allow you to reach your full academic potential
- As a member of the senior section of a large 11-18 year old school you will have the opportunity to lead, mentor and be role models for younger students developing invaluable skills for your future workplace
- Opportunities to develop team-working, leadership and life skills through an incredible array of extra curricular activities and through close supervision and pastoral care: we aim to both challenge and support you
- Expert career guidance and assistance in your university application which will help you to get to your choice of university and to secure the job you really want.
Academic standards are high but this is no ivory tower. Each year more students sit A level exams and, each year, academic grades improve. Securing good A level grades is no longer enough. Universities and employers increasingly want to see evidence of other achievements and interests and your ability to add value to the community. The range of opportunities on offer to you at Bolton School is, I believe, second to none and you will have every chance to pursue interests and follow activities that build your character and your CV.
The A level years are intensive: they will be hard work but they will also be fun and will provide you with lifelong memories. Many Old Boltonians look back upon them as amongst the best years of their lives.
This is a warm and welcoming place, open to all sections of the community. It will provide you with the education, opportunities and preparation to help you to achieve your hopes and dreams. I urge you to apply, for we offer what you need to help you realise your full potential.
Mr Philip Britton
Headmaster, Bolton School Boys' Division
Pupils at Bolton School benefit from outstanding teachers, an industrious learning environment and excellent facilities.
- And so encouraging to see so many parents keen to help their sons navigate these issues as they grow up https://t.co/tosKu8WEIv yesterday
- Many thanks to @_NatashaDevon for a well presented, well informed and hugely useful and practical talk for parents on mental health for boys: think critically, learn how to cope with your stress and have a language for discussing emotion. yesterday
- RT @Philip_Britton: There is a yellow weather warning for snow and ice tomorrow morning. Although this is not likely to cause disruption we will make further information available in the morning in the usual way here, via the web page and in an email from school https://t.co/oyjXAaKTXv yesterday
Follow us on @Philip_Britton
Old Boy Rick Pilkington (Class of 1974) returned to Bolton School to share his passion for music...
Bolton School will run a new bus route from September for children wishing to travel from the Winwick and North Warrington area....
Bolton School Girls' Division Parents' Association invite you and your guests to a celebration of the birthday of the great...