Many people will have heard the metaphor coined by the late, great language educator Eric Hawkins,...
Boys' Division Sixth Form
I would like to extend a warm welcome to Bolton School's Sixth Form - both to those students within the School who plan to move up from Year 11 and to those who wish to join us from other schools. Hopefully this website will give you an insight into what makes our Sixth Form special. You will find:
- Outstanding teaching, facilities and resources which will allow you to reach your full academic potential
- As a member of the senior section of a large 11-18 year old school you will have the opportunity to lead, mentor and be role models for younger students developing invaluable skills for your future workplace
- Opportunities to develop team-working, leadership and life skills through an incredible array of extra-curricular activities and through close supervision and pastoral care: we aim to both challenge and support you
- Expert career guidance and assistance in your university application which will help you to get to your choice of university and to secure the job you really want.
Academic standards are high but this is no ivory tower. Each year more students sit A level exams and, each year, academic grades improve. Securing good A level grades is no longer enough to secure the next steps in education or employment. Universities and employers increasingly want to see evidence of other achievements and interests and your ability to add value to the community. The range of opportunities on offer to you at Bolton School is, I believe, second to none and you will have every chance to pursue interests and follow activities that build your character and your CV.
The A level years are intensive: they will be hard work but they will also be fun and will provide you with lifelong memories. Many Old Boltonians look back upon them as amongst the best years of their lives. You can view a copy of our digital prospectus here.
This is a warm and welcoming place, open to all sections of the community. It will provide you with the education, opportunities and preparation to help you to achieve your hopes and dreams. I urge you to apply, for we offer what you need to help you realise your full potential.
Mr Nic Ford
Head of Boys' Division
- RT @StPeterBolton: We are looking to recruit a new Director of Music . This is an exciting post with possibilities of links with the appointment of school organist and organ teacher at @BoltonSch as well as with other schools and organisations. Further information at https://t.co/q3pl2m3rN6 yesterday
- RT @KJ_Roddy: Just one of a myriad of reasons to learn this amazing language! Stay tuned for next week's installment. https://t.co/o73v4djIZU yesterday
- RT @Patterdale_Hall: Wonderful to welcome the @boltonsch BD year 7a/b to the hall today. For many, this is the first of many years of visits as we help support them in their development as excellent citizens. yesterday
Philip Britton, Head of Foundation at Bolton School, delivered assemblies earlier this week,...
We are excited to announce an exciting new podcast series - Bolton School Extra. In this series we’ll be exploring school life,...
Historical Association branch meetings have in recent years become a regular feature in the Girls’ Division. Each year, a series...