This summer 28 boys and four members of staff travelled to South Africa for an unforgettable...
Boys' Division Sixth Form
I would like to extend a warm welcome to Bolton School's Sixth Form - both to those students within the School who plan to move up from Year 11 and to those who wish to join us from other schools. Hopefully this website will give you an insight into what makes our Sixth Form special. You will find:
- Outstanding teaching, facilities and resources which will allow you to reach your full academic potential
- As a member of the senior section of a large 11-18 year old school you will have the opportunity to lead, mentor and be role models for younger students developing invaluable skills for your future workplace
- Opportunities to develop team-working, leadership and life skills through an incredible array of extra curricular activities and through close supervision and pastoral care: we aim to both challenge and support you
- Expert career guidance and assistance in your university application which will help you to get to your choice of university and to secure the job you really want.
Academic standards are high but this is no ivory tower. Each year more students sit A level exams and, each year, academic grades improve. Securing good A level grades is no longer enough. Universities and employers increasingly want to see evidence of other achievements and interests and your ability to add value to the community. The range of opportunities on offer to you at Bolton School is, I believe, second to none and you will have every chance to pursue interests and follow activities that build your character and your CV.
The A level years are intensive: they will be hard work but they will also be fun and will provide you with lifelong memories. Many Old Boltonians look back upon them as amongst the best years of their lives.
This is a warm and welcoming place, open to all sections of the community. It will provide you with the education, opportunities and preparation to help you to achieve your hopes and dreams. I urge you to apply, for we offer what you need to help you realise your full potential.
Mr Philip Britton
Headmaster, Bolton School Boys' Division
- RT @BoltonSchool: See a snapshot of the outreach work we do here at @BoltonSchool on the @schoolstogether website: Boys’ Division: https://t.co/sD2Xe2oaXX Girls’ Division: https://t.co/62HtUnomGa @HMC_Org @GSAUK @ISC_schools @GoodSchoolsUK #WednesdayMotivation https://t.co/b8XEsf7uQI about 7 minutes ago
- RT @rowboltonschool: GB coach Will led our session today, testing some boys for the GB talent programme and developing the team’s technique with some great drills. All ready for getting out on the water next week. https://t.co/2AfpYjfA5R about 7 minutes ago
- RT @SharplesSchool: We are excited to be @BoltonSchool this evening for their first lecture of the year on the theme of the United Nations! #good2great #careers https://t.co/F21q4hKINq about 56 minutes ago
Follow us on @Philip_Britton
Students from both the Boys’ and Girls’ Divisions of Bolton School enjoyed a fascinating...
Bolton School has become a partner school and hub in a new Department for Education (DfE) drive to recruit more teachers in...
Wednesday 18 September 2019, 7.00pm Bolton School Girls’ Division Great Hall Bolton School will host a talk about the United...