Five highly successful Bolton School alumni have offered their time and expertise to help develop...
Boys' Division Sixth Form
I would like to extend a warm welcome to Bolton School's Sixth Form - both to those students within the School who plan to move up from Year 11 and to those who wish to join us from other schools. Hopefully this website will give you an insight into what makes our Sixth Form special. You will find:
- Outstanding teaching, facilities and resources which will allow you to reach your full academic potential
- As a member of the senior section of a large 11-18 year old school you will have the opportunity to lead, mentor and be role models for younger students developing invaluable skills for your future workplace
- Opportunities to develop team-working, leadership and life skills through an incredible array of extra curricular activities and through close supervision and pastoral care: we aim to both challenge and support you
- Expert career guidance and assistance in your university application which will help you to get to your choice of university and to secure the job you really want.
Academic standards are high but this is no ivory tower. Each year more students sit A level exams and, each year, academic grades improve. Securing good A level grades is no longer enough. Universities and employers increasingly want to see evidence of other achievements and interests and your ability to add value to the community. The range of opportunities on offer to you at Bolton School is, I believe, second to none and you will have every chance to pursue interests and follow activities that build your character and your CV.
The A level years are intensive: they will be hard work but they will also be fun and will provide you with lifelong memories. Many Old Boltonians look back upon them as amongst the best years of their lives. You can view a copy of our digital prospectus here.
This is a warm and welcoming place, open to all sections of the community. It will provide you with the education, opportunities and preparation to help you to achieve your hopes and dreams. I urge you to apply, for we offer what you need to help you realise your full potential.
Mr Philip Britton
Headmaster, Bolton School Boys' Division
- RT @bsstrictly: So, last week saw me putting last minute touches to lunchtime zoom rehearsals and driving around to drop costume items off at homes. Now, it’s down to the cast to do final rehearsals and film their unique lockdown versions of show songs. Good luck everyone! 🎤 🎭🕺 @BoltonSchool yesterday
- RT @Patterdale_Hall: Cracking local full moon exercise last night. One Man and his Dog on a 9 mile walk through the Hills. Food for the Soul. So important to stay active during these restricted times. #lunarantics #saveoutdoored Bumped into a few others with the same idea. https://t.co/5WeM8FXLpJ yesterday
- RT @Philip_Britton: Well said - excellent summary from @TLewyckyj of the detail of grading this summer and well done @TheBoltonNews for reporting the longer story rather than the knee jerk reactions elsewhere. Good to see @BLP19K referenced https://t.co/TVkrZZEE09 2 days ago
Virtual ‘Perspectives’ Lecture: ‘Bossy Women’ Reflections on Ambition and Leadership from a Female...
Historical Association branch meetings have been a regular feature in the Girls’ Division for the past six years. Each year, a...
In recent years, Bolton School has become a partner school and hub in a new Department for Education (DfE) drive to recruit more...