Headmaster Philip Britton was delighted to welcome a selection of boys into the Great Hall for this...
Boys' Division Sixth Form
I would like to extend a warm welcome to Bolton School's Sixth Form - both to those students within the School who plan to move up from Year 11 and to those who wish to join us from other schools. Hopefully this website will give you an insight into what makes our Sixth Form special. You will find:
- Outstanding teaching, facilities and resources which will allow you to reach your full academic potential
- As a member of the senior section of a large 11-18 year old school you will have the opportunity to lead, mentor and be role models for younger students developing invaluable skills for your future workplace
- Opportunities to develop team-working, leadership and life skills through an incredible array of extra curricular activities and through close supervision and pastoral care: we aim to both challenge and support you
- Expert career guidance and assistance in your university application which will help you to get to your choice of university and to secure the job you really want.
Academic standards are high but this is no ivory tower. Each year more students sit A level exams and, each year, academic grades improve. Securing good A level grades is no longer enough. Universities and employers increasingly want to see evidence of other achievements and interests and your ability to add value to the community. The range of opportunities on offer to you at Bolton School is, I believe, second to none and you will have every chance to pursue interests and follow activities that build your character and your CV.
The A level years are intensive: they will be hard work but they will also be fun and will provide you with lifelong memories. Many Old Boltonians look back upon them as amongst the best years of their lives. You can view a copy of our digital prospectus here.
This is a warm and welcoming place, open to all sections of the community. It will provide you with the education, opportunities and preparation to help you to achieve your hopes and dreams. I urge you to apply, for we offer what you need to help you realise your full potential.
Mr Philip Britton
Headmaster, Bolton School Boys' Division
- RT @Boltonoutdoor: Photo of the day?? Our @phseakayaks Virgos we’re amazing today, thanks again to the Scott Trust for the funding to purchase them. @BoltonSchool @Philip_Britton @SueHincks https://t.co/PNxqj5ivin about 5 hours ago
- Congratulations to Fergus Jepson on being appointed MBE - he has also helped out @19thCubs and @paradox_scouts during the years https://t.co/Dzd9fMs1QD yesterday
- RT @NobelPrize: Marie Sklodowska Curie discovered polonium in an experiment conducted #OnThisDay in 1898. Watch the story behind the discovery of polonium, as well as radium, which was also discovered the same year. #NobelPrize https://t.co/B3RT8HF0qK yesterday
The annual Young Musician of the Year competition in the Boys’ Division began in January with...
On Wednesday 16 June at 7.00pm, the Girls’ Division will stage its next ‘Perspectives’ Lecture, at which a panel of speakers will...
Historical Association branch meetings have been a regular feature in the Girls’ Division for the past six years. Each year, a...