Schoolboys at Bolton School Boys’ Division were joined by former pupils for a special assembly...
Boys' Division Sixth Form
I would like to extend a warm welcome to Bolton School's Sixth Form - both to those students within the School who plan to move up from Year 11 and to those who wish to join us from other schools. Hopefully this website will give you an insight into what makes our Sixth Form special. You will find:
- Outstanding teaching, facilities and resources which will allow you to reach your full academic potential
- As a member of the senior section of a large 11-18 year old school you will have the opportunity to lead, mentor and be role models for younger students developing invaluable skills for your future workplace
- Opportunities to develop team-working, leadership and life skills through an incredible array of extra curricular activities and through close supervision and pastoral care: we aim to both challenge and support you
- Expert career guidance and assistance in your university application which will help you to get to your choice of university and to secure the job you really want.
Academic standards are high but this is no ivory tower. Each year more students sit A level exams and, each year, academic grades improve. Securing good A level grades is no longer enough. Universities and employers increasingly want to see evidence of other achievements and interests and your ability to add value to the community. The range of opportunities on offer to you at Bolton School is, I believe, second to none and you will have every chance to pursue interests and follow activities that build your character and your CV.
The A level years are intensive: they will be hard work but they will also be fun and will provide you with lifelong memories. Many Old Boltonians look back upon them as amongst the best years of their lives. You can view a copy of our digital prospectus here.
This is a warm and welcoming place, open to all sections of the community. It will provide you with the education, opportunities and preparation to help you to achieve your hopes and dreams. I urge you to apply, for we offer what you need to help you realise your full potential.
Mr Philip Britton
Headmaster, Bolton School Boys' Division
- RT @nfordteacher: Also preferred the layout separating software and hardware. Meant I could be much more focussed but also meant the speaker zones were quieter and it was easier to move around. Always good to catch up with #appleeduchat people to discuss future projects and compare notes about 17 minutes ago
- RT @SportatBolton: Rugby v Audenshaw Saturday Jan 25 - all 10ko at Bolton u16, u15 at Audenshaw U14s, u13s, u12s(on Astro, studs may be worn) coach departs 8.30am prompt about 21 minutes ago
- RT @SportatBolton: ⚽️Football tomorrow with Morecambe High School. 📍Home: U15/U14/U13 📍Away: 1XI/U12 (postcode - LA4 5BG) 🚌Coach leaves at 8.30am ⏰All 10am KO. about 21 minutes ago
Follow us on @Philip_Britton
This year’s Tillotson Lecture was given by The Rt Hon Sir Ernest Ryder. An Old Boy who attended the...
Monday 27 January 2020, 7.00pm Bolton School Girls’ Division Great Hall ‘The Salt Path’ - The remarkable tale of one couple’s...
Monday 10 February 2020, 7.00pm Bolton School Girls’ Division Great Hall Miranda Krestovnikoff’s remarkable encounters with...