Harry McDermott, a Y12 student at Bolton School Boys’ Division, has run an impressive 84km in...
Boys' Division Sixth Form
I would like to extend a warm welcome to Bolton School's Sixth Form - both to those students within the School who plan to move up from Year 11 and to those who wish to join us from other schools. Hopefully this website will give you an insight into what makes our Sixth Form special. You will find:
- Outstanding teaching, facilities and resources which will allow you to reach your full academic potential
- As a member of the senior section of a large 11-18 year old school you will have the opportunity to lead, mentor and be role models for younger students developing invaluable skills for your future workplace
- Opportunities to develop team-working, leadership and life skills through an incredible array of extra curricular activities and through close supervision and pastoral care: we aim to both challenge and support you
- Expert career guidance and assistance in your university application which will help you to get to your choice of university and to secure the job you really want.
Academic standards are high but this is no ivory tower. Each year more students sit A level exams and, each year, academic grades improve. Securing good A level grades is no longer enough. Universities and employers increasingly want to see evidence of other achievements and interests and your ability to add value to the community. The range of opportunities on offer to you at Bolton School is, I believe, second to none and you will have every chance to pursue interests and follow activities that build your character and your CV.
The A level years are intensive: they will be hard work but they will also be fun and will provide you with lifelong memories. Many Old Boltonians look back upon them as amongst the best years of their lives. You can view a copy of our digital prospectus here.
This is a warm and welcoming place, open to all sections of the community. It will provide you with the education, opportunities and preparation to help you to achieve your hopes and dreams. I urge you to apply, for we offer what you need to help you realise your full potential.
Mr Philip Britton
Headmaster, Bolton School Boys' Division
- RT @SportatBolton: More footy action from this morning, cold, fresh, but enjoyable👍 https://t.co/hFlqoi7r9R about 2 hours ago
- RT @SportatBolton: Great to see some Saturday football on the levels Training match took place with 26 players involved Not that the result matters........... But it was a win for Mr Davidsons “Dinamo Devils” (red/white) v Mr Teasdales “Rapid Racers” (black/white) https://t.co/7bTEsBdtK0 about 2 hours ago
- RT @BsbdEco: A productive week of eco-ing. Noticeboard updated with Y7, documentation and actions review meeting with the eco-committee and @BSBDPA ready for @EcoSchools applications, y9 and 13 labelling boxes for waste stationery collection and @WoodlandTrust trees ordered for next year https://t.co/FIzGEJjR6v yesterday
For the first time in its long history, the annual Tillotson Lecture went virtual to allow a panel...
The Boys' Division's festive production, a stage adaptation of the Frank Capra favourite, It's a Wonderful Life, will air on...
Historical Association branch meetings have been a regular feature in the Girls’ Division for the past six years. Each year, a...