Bolton School Boys’ Division pupils from Years 7 to 13 took part in a museum takeover day entitled...
Boys' Division Sixth Form
I would like to extend a warm welcome to Bolton School's Sixth Form - both to those students within the School who plan to move up from Year 11 and to those who wish to join us from other schools. Hopefully this website will give you an insight into what makes our Sixth Form special.
- Outstanding teaching, facilities and resources which will allow you to reach your full academic potential
- As a member of the senior section of a large 11-18 year old school you will have the opportunity to lead, mentor and be role models for younger students developing invaluable skills for your future workplace
- Opportunities to develop team-working, leadership and life skills through an incredible array of extra curricular activities and through close supervision and pastoral care: we aim to both challenge and support you
- Expert career guidance and assistance in your university application which will help you to get to your choice of university and to secure the job you really want.
Academic standards are high but this is no ivory tower. Each year more students sit A level exams and, each year, academic grades improve. Securing good A level grades is no longer enough. Universities and employers increasingly want to see evidence of other achievements and interests and your ability to add value to the community. The range of opportunities on offer to you at Bolton School is, I believe, second to none and you will have every chance to pursue interests and follow activities that build your character and your CV.
The A level years are intensive: they will be hard work but they will also be fun and will provide you with lifelong memories. Many Old Boltonians look back upon them as amongst the best years of their lives.
This is a warm and welcoming place, open to all sections of the community. It will provide you with the education, opportunities and preparation to help you to achieve your hopes and dreams. I urge you to apply, for we offer what you need to help you realise your full potential.
Mr Philip Britton
Headmaster, Bolton School Boys' Division
Pupils at Bolton School benefit from outstanding teachers, an industrious learning environment and excellent facilities.
- RT @BoltonSchAlumni: Thank you to #BSAlumni David Wilson (Class of '79) for all of his help in bringing the "storming of Bolton" re-enactment to School - take a look at the fabulous photographs from this extraordinary event here: https://t.co/v8AxfY5F9R https://t.co/a98UQbvgtR about 4 hours ago
- RT @y8saundersfoot: Many thanks to the staff (Messrs Walker, Bradley, Roberts and Jones) and the Advance Party for all their hard work, and to the boys for entering into the spirit of the trip. We couldn't keep the traddition alive without you! Have a restful summer, all and see you soon. PJH 2 days ago
- And many thanks to all my colleagues for making the trip such a success for the boys https://t.co/4k5U8sm3xc 2 days ago
Follow us on @Philip_Britton
Bolton School Boys’ Division, which is part of the Bolton Station Development Partnership, provided...
The Bolton School Art Exhibition is open to the whole of the Bolton School Foundation including all parents, staff, pupils and...
Bolton School Girls’ Division will once again host the forthcoming academic year’s Historical Association (Bolton Branch)...