The last week and a half of the Spring Term at Bolton School has certainly been one for the history...
Boys' Division Sixth Form
I would like to extend a warm welcome to Bolton School's Sixth Form - both to those students within the School who plan to move up from Year 11 and to those who wish to join us from other schools. Hopefully this website will give you an insight into what makes our Sixth Form special. You will find:
- Outstanding teaching, facilities and resources which will allow you to reach your full academic potential
- As a member of the senior section of a large 11-18 year old school you will have the opportunity to lead, mentor and be role models for younger students developing invaluable skills for your future workplace
- Opportunities to develop team-working, leadership and life skills through an incredible array of extra curricular activities and through close supervision and pastoral care: we aim to both challenge and support you
- Expert career guidance and assistance in your university application which will help you to get to your choice of university and to secure the job you really want.
Academic standards are high but this is no ivory tower. Each year more students sit A level exams and, each year, academic grades improve. Securing good A level grades is no longer enough. Universities and employers increasingly want to see evidence of other achievements and interests and your ability to add value to the community. The range of opportunities on offer to you at Bolton School is, I believe, second to none and you will have every chance to pursue interests and follow activities that build your character and your CV.
The A level years are intensive: they will be hard work but they will also be fun and will provide you with lifelong memories. Many Old Boltonians look back upon them as amongst the best years of their lives. You can view a copy of our digital prospectus here.
This is a warm and welcoming place, open to all sections of the community. It will provide you with the education, opportunities and preparation to help you to achieve your hopes and dreams. I urge you to apply, for we offer what you need to help you realise your full potential.
Mr Philip Britton
Headmaster, Bolton School Boys' Division
- RT @jodrellbank: Look out for the Supermoon tonight when the full Moon will appear brighter and bigger than normal A perfect opportunity to take part in our photography challenge. All you need to do is take your best photo of the Moon and share it with us using the #CaptureTheMoon hashtag... https://t.co/WkAuV9UsrW yesterday
- RT @lancashirelife: William Wordsworth was born 250 years ago today. We've put together a series of walks inspired by his life that you can take when it's safe to do so #Wordsworth250 #theplacetobelater https://t.co/Ipek75irkr yesterday
- RT @Philip_Britton: Used to play at Grade 6 level, but not at the standard of the award winning @BSBoysDivMusic concert band! This weekend they would have played brilliantly at the @NCBF_festival finals @RNCMvoice - hope to capture those performances at some stage before Y13 leave https://t.co/cbcsUqqRwz 1 days ago
Follow us on @Philip_Britton
Jonny Ashton, who was in Bolton School just 2 weeks ago and who left in 2005, was one of several...
A Boys’ Division Production starring boys and girls in Years 7 to 9 This event has been postponed until the summer term....
Bolton School has become a partner school and hub in a new Department for Education (DfE) drive to recruit more teachers in...