Bolton School is sad to announce the death, on 24 November 2021, of Dr Margaret Spurr, OBE DL,...
Boys' Division Sixth Form
I would like to extend a warm welcome to Bolton School's Sixth Form - both to those students within the School who plan to move up from Year 11 and to those who wish to join us from other schools. Hopefully this website will give you an insight into what makes our Sixth Form special. You will find:
- Outstanding teaching, facilities and resources which will allow you to reach your full academic potential
- As a member of the senior section of a large 11-18 year old school you will have the opportunity to lead, mentor and be role models for younger students developing invaluable skills for your future workplace
- Opportunities to develop team-working, leadership and life skills through an incredible array of extra-curricular activities and through close supervision and pastoral care: we aim to both challenge and support you
- Expert career guidance and assistance in your university application which will help you to get to your choice of university and to secure the job you really want.
Academic standards are high but this is no ivory tower. Each year more students sit A level exams and, each year, academic grades improve. Securing good A level grades is no longer enough to secure the next steps in education or employment. Universities and employers increasingly want to see evidence of other achievements and interests and your ability to add value to the community. The range of opportunities on offer to you at Bolton School is, I believe, second to none and you will have every chance to pursue interests and follow activities that build your character and your CV.
The A level years are intensive: they will be hard work but they will also be fun and will provide you with lifelong memories. Many Old Boltonians look back upon them as amongst the best years of their lives. You can view a copy of our digital prospectus here.
This is a warm and welcoming place, open to all sections of the community. It will provide you with the education, opportunities and preparation to help you to achieve your hopes and dreams. I urge you to apply, for we offer what you need to help you realise your full potential.
Mr Nic Ford
Head of Boys' Division, 2021-22
- RT @BSPDJnrGirls: Congratulations to Bella @BSPDJnrGirls on achieving her Chief Scout Silver Award, presented in assembly this morning. Very well done! https://t.co/vEYmMughiv about 24 minutes ago
- RT @Philip_Britton: Great to catch up with @NMAP_Teach central team on their visit to school today and to reflect on the good outcome of the OFSTED review of the relatively new SCITT yesterday
- RT @Philip_Britton: This evening is the House of Lords reception to celebrate @ISC_schools partnerships. It is always good to see @BoltonSchool feature and to meet with old friends and new committed to the same sense of purpose for our schools yesterday
The Autumn Concert was a wonderful opportunity for the school community to come together and enjoy...
Tuesday 14 December, 7.00pm The next Perspectives Lectures will focus on careers in Healthcare. Join our panel of speakers on...
Boys’ Division Great Hall, 1 - 4 December at 7:30 pm ‘Clockwork’ is the Joint Production for 2021, featuring a cast of boys and...